The Royal School
10 facts about The Royal School:
1. In the most recent GCSE league tables we are the SECOND HIGHEST independent school in Surrey for average GCSE score.
2. Since 2005 we have been in the TOP 3% of schools across the UK for improving students' predicted GCSE results by at least one whole grade.
3. Sixth Formers are taught in small classes by A-LEVEL SPECIALISTS – over the last 3 years every student has been offered a place at their university of choice with over half going to Russell Group and 1994 universities. Since 2010 on average 40% have been awarded A*-A grades and 85% A*-C grades.
4. Our school is GROWING – we now have a Daycare, Nursery, Junior School, Girls' Senior School, Boys' Senior School and a Sixth Form (which will be co-ed in 2018).
5. We are the only DIAMOND SCHOOL in Surrey teaching boys and girls together from 5 – 7 years with single-sex teaching from 7 – 16 years (and on two sites 11 – 16 years) coming together again at Sixth Form (from 2018)... with educational visits, offsite activities e.g. ski trip and clubs for all together (age appropriate).
6. Lacrosse U13 County Plate FINALISTS and Netball JCA U15 WINNERS, U16 runners up in their respective categories, regular sports tours nationally and internationally.
7. We actively support a number of pupils who REPRESENT COUNTY/REGION and we currently have pupils in the GB Development Squad for Sailing and Pentathlon, ISAF U13 Football Squad, U18 Wales Lacrosse squad, U15 and U18 County Lacrosse and the National Cross Country team. We have an INTERNATIONAL Lacrosse umpire, a COUNTY AND NATIONAL CHAMPION at Cross Country and Steeple Chase, an ex-England Ladies' Rugby Team player and Wales' current U21 Lacrosse Coach on our full-time staff.
8. The choirs PERFORM NATIONALLY at venues such as St Paul's Cathedral, the Royal Albert Hall and the Alan Titchmarsh Show, the annual Sixth Form production is staged at the Electric Theatre in Guildford and strong links with Yvonne Arnaud theatre allows our pupils to perform at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
9. An observatory, a recording studio, an international standard lacrosse pitch, a cricket pitch, a 'Juniors' rugby pitch, three performance areas and an outdoor classroom, all in over 50 acres of sports pitch, recreational areas and woodland.
10. ... and finally... home from home environment for breakfast and supper with supervised activities, prep or downtime for all pupils... you can drop off at 7.45am and pick up at 6.45pm with girls' boarding also available. Boys’ boarding is available for Years 9 & 10 from September 2016
Facts & Figures
Meet a selection of leading British schools, all with extensive experience of integrating European students into boarding life. Click on each school to find out more
Advice for your family
Talk with the sector’s top consultants about the best choices for your family and how to smooth the transition from Italy into the British system.
Charlotte Cavendish is Academic Director of Bonas MacFarlane. She has provided tuition and mentorship to influential families around the globe and prepared numerous candidates for successful entry into many of the leading independent schools. She also has extensive experience with students requiring learning support.
Following a decade as Principal of Davies Laing and Dick, in recent years Elizabeth Rickards has been advising European (particularly Italian) students and parents on UK university and school applications. She looks forward to meeting you at the forthcoming British Boarding Schools Show in Milan.